We are funded by a compulsory levy system which is paid by the majority of NHS dentists in the region.
- An LDC is a statutory body enshrined in legislation (NHS 1977, Health and social care act 2003, recently by NHS England).
- We are democratically elected and made up of local dentists from various spheres of the profession to represent our colleagues.
- Our funding is in accordance with the law, by collection of the statutory levy from GDSProviders, GDS and PDS Performers.
- We liaise and negotiate regularly with local NHS governing bodies and nationally in conjunction with other regional LDCs.
- Our aim is to provide support and guidance about upcoming changes within the profession.