This is a free webinar which will take place over Zoom. The aim is to educate colleagues how important it is to diagnose oral cancer early especially during the pandemic. We will also include an update on the services provided in Nottingham. 2 hours CPD.
Agenda for the Webinar
- Welcome and housekeeping .
- Introduction to Oral cancer.
Objectives: to understand incidence / prevalence and causes of oral cancer in the UK and worldwide.
- Clinical presentations.
Objectives: to understand the common clinical presentations of oral cancer lesions and other red flag signs/ symptoms of Head and Neck cancers.
Objectives: to understand the tools in diagnosing oral cancer. Why early diagnosis of oral cancer is directly related to better outcomes. The role of the GDP .
- Referral pathways available. To ensure understanding of the available pathways and when expedite your referral beyond these pathways.
- The management pathways, MDTs structures; Understand the structure of the MDTs ( not only Head and Neck MDT ) involved in these patients care. The role of the GDP within the MDT care.
- Brief introduction to Surgical management of oral cancer.
Objectives: To appreciate the intensity and extent of the surgical management of oral cancer.
- The services we provide at the QMC, where do we stand nationwide?
- Questions and answers.